Sunday, August 2, 2009

How to Remotely Reboot your Router

So I've been dealing with this issue for a while. I'm accessing the internet wirelessly and my router would automatically disconnect me from time to time, and sometimes it ends up giving me a different IP address. Problem is I need to stay on the same IP for port forwarding reasons.
Now the router is connected to the PC in my brother's room and he always gives me a big hassle when I need to manually reboot the router.
So I looked all over the internet and I finally found a solution to restart it remotely. And here goes the trick. Ready?

you can do this with a custom script.

The easiest way I’ve found to do this is bookmark the script on your browser.

Procedure

1. Go to firefox

2. Open blank page

3. Go to bookmarks tab

4. Click Bookmark this page

5. Find the blank bookmark > right click > properties





6. Type ‘Reboot Router’ where it says Name

7. Add this script to ‘Location’

http://admin:admin@192.168.1.1/rebootinfo.cgi

P.S – if you have changed your username and password then you have to change the script as well. Add your username to where it says admin and your password to where it says admin the second time.

So next time you want to reboot your router, just go to bookmarks and click on this bookmark. Remember the router might take a few mintues to boot up.


Credits to : http://fonetalk.wordpress.com/2009/07/28/how-to-remotely-reboot-your-router/

No comments:

Post a Comment